LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer, Green
It’s almost time for the greatest celebration of the year, Christmas! Christmas is a time of peace, love and kindness to all and also the time of giving and sharing of Christmas gifts.
When I was asked what gift will my daughter receive from Santa this Christmas I realized that I don’t know the answer. The Christmas is fast approaching and the seeking for a great Christmas gift for my four year old daughter should have started by now. I want her gift to be perfect and because she loves to play on my IPad and laptop, I decided to look for a kids tablet. But there is more to a tablet for children than meets the eye so I took some time to really get into the detail and find the best tablet for kids on the market today, that should contain some high quality educational games. My extensive research finally led me to the Leapfrog LeapPad 2.
What to Look for When Buying Tablets for Kids?
It didn’t take my long to realize that there are a few important things to keep in mind when buying such a pad, so for this product I wanted to find some answers to this issues…
• Is the LeapPad more rugged and more child-friendly compared to an iPad, iPod or Android tablet?
• Is the LeapPad much more responsive than any of the other child tablets?
• What apps or features are already included on this LeapFrog LeapPad?
• Is the LeapPad interface child friendly?
• How innovative is the learning approach?
If you just buy the first LeapFrog, you will find out that there are a lot of positive reviews that are a bit inflated, and many negative reviews that are simply unfair in their expectations. Here’s my realistic parent-friendly review…
LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer tablet is the number 1 learning tablet. This pad inspires kids to create and explore with front-and-back cameras and video recorders, 4GB of memory, a faster processor and a library of 325+ game cartridges and downloadable apps. You can challenge your child’s imagination and potential with eBooks, videos, music, creativity studios, games and much more.
The LeapFrog LeapPad2 is more rugged and more child-friendly compared to an iPad, iPod, or Android tablet. The LeapPad’s more durable casing allows young children to hold and carry it with less likelihood of damage and since it is not wireless-connectivity enabled, you don’t have to worry about your child stumbling across objectionable content or making accidental purchases.
This educational toy is much more responsive than any other child tablets. LeapFrog learning apps and games are designed by educational experts, who create innovative, immersive experiences that keep children challenged and inspired.
LeapPad has a decent array of basic apps and features already included. This included applications are:
1. CARTRIDGE: which accesses the content on a cartridge, which must be purchased separately
2. PETPAD: allows you to customize the type, color, and features of a small electronic pet, who can then be fed, bathed, or used to learn how to draw upper- and lower-case letters.
3. MYSTUFF: a consolidated inventory of MyPhotos, MyArt, MyVideos, and MyStories, all of which are created in other apps.
4. CAMERA: allows you to use the front- or rear-facing lenses to capture photos or videos of decent quality under ideal lighting conditions.
5. MYBOOKS: a bookshelf-style interface that links to eBooks which must be purchased separately
6. ARTSTUDIO: a simple drawing program much like the basic Paint program on most computers
7. MUSIC: a jukebox-style interface that includes one album with five songs about topics like punctuation, vowels, the alphabet, etc.
8. SNEAKPEEKS: a link to various advertisements for add-on content including downloadable and cartridge-style eBooks, games, etc.
9. ARTSTUDIO: a simple but decently-featured drawing program much like the basic Paint program on most computers.
10. CREATIVITY: allows you to make short 3-, 4-, or 5-section animated cartoons that include your own photos and voice if desired
11. One FREE APP of your choosing from a list of three provided when you sync and register the device.
The LeapPad interface is very child friendly. The buttons are minimalist and positioned well out of the way. They include a power button for turning the device on/off, an increase and a decrease button for controlling the volume, a four-way navigation button and a home button for returning to the main page. This tablet has a 2.5″W x 4.5″L large screen, bright and colorful and the sound is also very good, since the speaker is aimed directly at the user, the lowest volume setting is still quite audible without being likely to annoy others nearby.
• LeapPad with a faster processor and 4GB
• Front & back cameras
• 5 apps: Pet Pad, Learning Songs, Art Studio, 1 app of your choice and Cartoon Director app
• Draws from more than 2500 skills in subjects like reading, art, music, language and culture, science, geography, mathematics, health and more
Does it include a Warranty?
Yes, Leapfrog LeapPad 2 includes a 1 year warranty.
I found very few complaints for this LeapPad. However, here are the shortcomings most likely to annoy parents…
• No batteries or included charger
• No included eBooks
• On-device advertisements
Where Can You Buy the LeapFrog LeapPad2?
You can buy this LeapFrog LeapPad2 or read more reviews about this product on Amazon.
LeapFrog’s LeapPad Explorer tablet for kids is an outstanding device designed for children aged 3 to 9.
It is a great educational toy, that will develop your child’s skills, in subjects such as reading, music, language, art, science, culture, math, health and so much more. LeapFrog is more affordable, more durable, and more child-friendly than more sophisticated Apple or Android tablets, considerably more responsive and enjoyable than competing kid tablets, and richly featured enough to provide a tremendous amount of entertainment and education.
You can find more educational toys for kids here.
Share and Enjoy